It ain’t really a Mediterranean cuisine but since this is one my semi-original recipes, I’ll just name it like that. Plus, Mediterranean sounds really cool 😛
Inspired by Pizza Hut’s Garlic Shrimp Mushroom Pasta. Really easy to cook, like super-duper easy. This is one of my favorite recipe and I’d like to share it with everyone!
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 8 tbspn Salted Butter
- 1/4 kg Shrimps (peeled, head removed)
- Mushrooms (either whole or sliced)
- 250 grams Spaghetti
- Black Pepper (Freshly Ground)
- 1 tbspn Paprika
- 1 1/2 bulbs of Garlic (mined)
For the mushrooms you can go with whatever you like(Shiitake, brown mushrooms, etc).
The Paprika spice is used to give off a reddish color to our pasta mixture, you can put more if you want a more intense color without worrying about the taste, Paprika is very mild and won’t affect the taste much.
You need lots of garlic for this recipe, lots of minced garlic. You could use regular olive oil or extra virgin olive oil(I prefer extra virgin olive oil). The ingredients listed above will yield about 3-4 servings in total, although this recipe is so good that even a single person can literally eat it all. For the pasta, I prefer cooking it to al dente.
The Cooking part is really fast and easy but the preparation may take longer since you have to peel off the shrimp’s skin and mince the garlic.
Once all the ingredients are set, we can now proceed with the instructions below. So put on your aprons and wield your legendary spatula, were about to do some cooking!
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large pan over medium to high heat. Add Olive oil and wait for the mixture to become bubbly.
- Saute the garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, for about 2~3 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in the pan and add the shrimps and 1 tablespoon paprika, cook until shrimps becomes orange in color.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, stirring occasionally; lower the heat and cook for 3~4 minutes more.
- Toss pasta into the mixture and stir, make sure that the pasta is coated well.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!